National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update:still waiting

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

I just finished a 3-day workshop at the Bible school which the principal kindly allowed me to attend. (I may even get paid for it which would be nice. Participants who work at the Bible school get paid but in my special circumstance, I'm thinking I might not. We'll see.) Being allowed to attend was a blessing whether or not I get paid. The materials, the videos, the activities directed by fine facilitators were all excellent. I feel better prepared than ever to teach . . . although the middle school teachers attending kept saying, "But middle schoolers . . . ." If I get offered the job, I'll either love it or survive it. Sixth and seventh graders. Getting better acquainted with the teachers who also took the course was icing on the cake. I really would love to work with them. And to have the opportunity to talk about God in the classroom, to bring His name and principals into discussions about course work and discipline issues would be so fine!

Right now I'm waiting, again, this time until the gal at the County office who handles certification questions returns next Monday to see if my qualifications allow me to be hired for this particular position (middle school social studies rather than elementary grades for which I'm already certified). I'm pretty sure she'll say I have to take the subject area test (yet another test!), in which case principal assures me it would be no problem (even if I don't get around to taking it until later in the year). I'm going to pick up a text book on Friday to look over the course work. The situation is very promising, but I'm not counting my chickens yet. As a matter of fact, the first thing I plan to do when/if I get hired is buy a Mount Dora Bible school magnet for the car. And I'm not doing that until it's a done deal, papers signed or at least a handshake on it.

So that's the status of my job situation until at least next week. Now if I can just get busy with other projects (of which there is an abundance) and not fret about it! Oops! Time to go change clothes and go to Curves. Have a good evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holding my breath and praying. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

As busy as you may be with as many projects as you may have going, there is one thing I know about you, that is that you will not let up on the Lord's work. God bless you. I'll keep praying, you keep working. love, Dad

TREY MORGAN said...

I really enjoy your blog. You are such a wonderful encourager. I appreciate all your kind words and comments. Thanks for being so positive.

I really appreciate your time...

Pat said...

Thanks, Trey, for your encouraging comments and for taking the time to read and comment. YOU are an encourager.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for your love and encouragement, too.