I'm going to have to start keeping a list of ideas. Whenever I don't have time to blog, I think of pretty good ideas for one. But here I sit at the computer (when I should be starting dinner) and can't remember any of those things. All I can think about is the job I need to get, how much I hate interviews (and how poorly I do at them), how few jobs there seem to be (in FL where everyone claims there are not enough teachers!!), the hoops politicians make you jump through to prove that you are "highly qualified" so that "no child will be left behind" in your classroom. Sorry, brothers Bush, but your education reforms aren't working. They are only torturing excellent teachers along with the not-so-excellent ones and poor children who agonize over the standardized tests.
Whaddayaknow? I did have something to blog about! BUT I don't want to dwell on that negative!! Just pray for me and for Loni (if you happen to stop by here - if you have in the past, you've probably stopped coming by since I stopped blogging . . . .). We need teaching jobs and the opportunites seem remote. I won't get into why just now.
Bob got lots of compliments on his sermon Sunday. I thought it was as good as usual. I asked him if he thought there was anything different. He never seems to. It flowed well and he had good points and illustrations, but there again, it didn't seem more so than usual. Do you other preacher-types have the same experience, where the sermons you thought went well get the usual comments and then you get lots of comments on a sermon you thought was about the same as the others?
I don't know how you preacher-types do it. I get nervous when an administrator walks through my classroom. Loni is a lot like me in personality, but she doesn't have this experience. Why is she more self-confident? I get nervous when an administrator walks through, when I interview (yuck!), when I have to offer an opinion to an adult group I don't know. But one-on-one, no problem. It's not easy and it doesn't come naturally, but I've had lots of practice at it.
Well, I hope to do better about blogging in coming weeks and hopefully have more interesting things to stay, so if you stopped by today, thanks and come again!
National Geographic's Photo of the Day
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mornin', Mom!
Pat you are a great person and teacher! You have no reason to be nervous!
We really miss you'es guys!
Jen O in ND
Post a Comment