Adjusting to living in Florida has been interesting, so I think from time to time I'll reflect on bad news/good news or "trade-offs." Here are some I've been contemplating recently:
bad news: 90 degree temps in October
good news: still wearing Crocs and sandals (and no pantyhose either - oops! sorry guys, TMI !)
bad news: no autumn leaves and no leaf piles
good news: flowers (bougainvilleas and hibiscus) still in bloom and no yard-fulls of leaves to rake
bad news: too hot to camp in summer
good news: great camping weather in October!
bad news: my wardrobe isn't very suited to FL
good news: I've had to do shopping at end-of-season sales -- how sad
bad news: lots of traffic in town (Mount Dora) because of all the events and festivals
good news: lots to do with all the events and festivals
bad news: alligators in the lakes
good news: lots of lakes - beautiful - and lots of interesting wildlife, like "exotic" birds even in the retention ponds!
I'll add to the list as things occur. Feel free to add your Florida (or other locales) trade-offs.
National Geographic's Photo of the Day
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very nice! I like your take on the good vs. bad you get in Florida. In my cold weather here, your Florida weather (summer OR winter!) sounds really nice! That's a really nice post you did on Dad too. I'm glad you're blogging. This is going to be fun! Love you!
Cool! Pat's blogging!!
When my parents moved to Tampa, FL in '93 it was a return for my mother who grew up in Kissimee and a different take on tropical for my Dad who grew up in California. After having lived in Virginia for several years, I think they enjoyed climate change. I remember getting a lot of winter clothing (coats, gloves, etc) passed on to me after they moved! They've been there 13 years now and they adore it!
I've been to Mt. Dora once. It was a very pretty little town.
Thanks for linking to me :-)
Post a Comment