National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Ready Recollection

You know how our brethren are known to pray for the preacher that he have "a ready recollection" of the things he's prepared to speak from God's Word? A brother at VBS last night urged Bob to pray for me that I would have a "ready recollection" of the things I've been studying these past two weeks in preparation for today's tests. Bob did, and God did! AND He "guided, guarded, and directed" my hand on the mouse to make the right educated guesses on the things I had not known to study, too. He's so good!

Thanks to God for boosting my brain cells, I passed both tests! On the way home through Mount Dora, I stopped by the Bible School and shook hands with the Headmaster/Principal regarding the job. I'll go back tomorrow or Thursday to sign the contract. I am SO HAPPY right now I could dance a little jig! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, family and friends, for your prayers.

NOW I get to start preparing to teach middle schoolers. Time to get nervous all over again. Well, hopefully not. If God has opened this door, He is holding this situation in His hands so I shouldn't be nervous. I SHOULDN'T have been nervous about the test, but since I didn't know if this was God's will (and I told everyone in creation that I was taking these tests and that a job was riding on the results), I was very nervous. (Has anyone invented anti-perspirant for the palms of you hands? I could have used some!) I'm going to try to generate only excitement for the opportunity. Not everyone gets the opportunity (and challenge) of teaching young adolescents!

Two more nights of VBS, one day of tearing down VBS and packing, then Loni and I hit the road to visit grandsons (nephews), their parents and my parents! I really could use a vacation!!! Hallelujah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. You will make a great teacher, whatever the grade level. Your heart has always been with the children, even when theirs was not right with yours. See you next week. Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing your tests! That's great news.

Good to catch up with you. I've been reading, but haven't been commenting, I'm afraid. Good to be here.

Dee

of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job!

TREY MORGAN said...

WOO HOO ... or YEE HAW here in Texas. I like that good news.

I guess it's good at time to have a "ready recollection."

I always like it when my bretheren say in the announcements, "And preaching today will be Trey Morgan, 'our regular' preacher."

How do they know I'm 'regular?'

preacherman said...

I am glad to have come across your blog. I have been blessed. I personally believe that the Holy Spirit gives us guidance, recilection, knowledge of scripture passages when we need it. I know that the Holy Spirit is ever involved in my sermon preperation as well as my preaching. I know that at times when preaching the Holy Spirit takes over and leads me down a path I never attended to go but other needed to hear. I know the Holy Spirit as far as are teaching is active "the word is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword."
Again, glad to how come across your blog and God bless you as you continue to teach. I am also looking forward to reading more your posts in the future. God bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I've always like middle schoolers. When I subbed I was always relieved to get called by the local middle school. I'll be thinking of you!
Paula