It has been SUCH a summer - studying, testing, getting new jobs, squeezing in a bit of vacation time. I haven't kept up daily with the date very well. We celebrated Loni's birthday in the middle of VBS and my testing, but I neglected to post about it since I've neglected to post in general. Then today, filling out required paperwork for the new job, someone said, "What's today's date? August 14?" and I realized that today is Lisa's birthday. She's such a blogger that I couldn't let the day finish without a note about her. But since I missed blogging about Loni's, I'll do a dual.
Loni first, since her birthday comes first in the calendar year. This is Loni at Kennedy Space Center with the shuttle (the one which recently launched) on the pad in the background.
Loni recently accepted a job at the nearby public school as a 5th grade teacher. This is not her first choice, but she graciously accepted what God offered, and I know she will do as exceptionally well at this job as she did at her previous ones. Loni has such a heart for children of all ages. The girls at church, young to teen, are anxious for her company and encouragement. And in spite of being part of our family trio here, she's carved her own path with the young women and older folks, too, here at Mount Dora. I've really enjoyed having Loni live with us (although we anticipate that she'll be on her own in the next few months). We've become friends as well as mother-daughter, and we enjoy each other's company shopping, movie viewing, and Curves together.

And here is Lisa, in pink in the center, with some of her dear friends, during our recent visit to Virginia. We were blessed to be able to enjoy the company of Lisa's church family and especially her spiritual sisters, during our recent visit to Virginia. Although we went primarily to get our hug-fix with the grandsons and be with Dan and Lisa, too, it was great to spend a little time with her church family. (Thanks InaCarol for organizing this!) We are so grateful that the church in Blacksburg has been so supporting and loving to Dan, Lisa, and their boys. I'm proud of Lisa's leadership role among the women at her congregation. She's a good friend as well as a very loving and supportive wife and mother (and daughter and daughter-in-love).
Happy birthday to both my girls and my prayers for many blessings in the coming year.
5 comments:
Lisa is awesome. The church could use a "Lisa" in ever congregation.
Blessings ...
Thanks, Mom!
(and thanks to you too, Trey)
What a sweet post! It was so nice to visit with you and Loni during your trip to Virginia.
I agree...every church needs a "Lisa" in their congregation :) I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful friend in my life.
I wished Lisa happy birthday on her blog, but will add my wishes here, too. She is also a loving granddaughter, and we are very blessed to have had her for 28 years thus far. May she have many more birthdays. Mom/Nana
Didn't mean to slight Loni. I love both of my granddaughters, and think they are very special. Nana
Post a Comment