National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tagged!

A. Attached or Single- attached for 32 years, almost, and counting

B. Best Friend- Bob

C. Cake or Pie- Pie - French silk!

D. Day of Choice - Sunday, even though it's too full and stressful

E. Essential Item - Bible

F. Flavor of Ice Cream- chocolate, plain old chocolate

G. Gummy Bears or Worms- um, sorry, neither

H. Hometown- Eustis, Florida (home is where hubby is)

I. Indulgences- chocolate, crocs, Pilot G-2 gel pens, waterbed

J. January or July- January (my birthday month and better weather in Florida than July, although July is no school . . . .)

K. Kids- four wonderful adult children (3 born to me, #4 married into the family), three grandkids, and a DH "kid"

L. Last movie I saw in a theater- Indiana Jones

M. Middle Name- Lucile

N. Number of siblings- one brother

O. Orange or Apples- (same as Lisa's)I like both, but I would choose clementines over all other oranges or apples

P. Phobias or Fears- speaking publically to adults/peers

Q. Quote- "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

R. Reasons to smile- grandchildren!, beautiful weather, lunch with co-workers, days off with Bob, student hugs

S. Season- spring

T. Tag 4- Bob, Loni, my Mom (since she refuses to blog, she'll have to respond here), Trey

U. Unknown fact about me- I love classic movies

V. Vegetarian or oppressor of Animals- there's some judgment expressed in this wording, I suspect! I LOVE meat: beef, chicken, pork.

W. Worst Habit- procrastinating (i.e., laziness)

X. X-rays or Ultrasounds- not having much experience with either . . . I have to agree with Steph and Lisa — who would choose an X-ray over an ultrasound of your baby’s heartbeat?

Y. Your favorite Food- definitely chocolate!! Have you tasted Hershey's new Bliss Dark Chocolate??!!

Z. Zodiac - I don't do horoscope, so I won't go here. I'll go for zoo animal: giraffe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your worst habit REALLY procrastinating or did you just forget to change mine? :o) I definitely don't think that's possible!!

Thanks for playing. :o) I have had the Bliss chocolate. SOOO yummy! I love it as much as Dove chocolates. I like milk chocolate better than dark, but I'm sure dark is good too. For Mother's Day I was given some that I think were called meltaway or something. They were even softer in the middle. I love their name too!

Pat said...

No, I didn't forget to change yours, Lisa. I am a big procrastinator. You can probably blame your bad habit on me. Why do you think I have so many unfinished projects and such a messy house?

Tom said...

I haven't had bliss chololate. Do you guys get royalties on it?

Love to all,
Tom

Loni said...

Here's my list for ya, Mom!

A. Attached or Single- Single

B. Best Friend- Robin & Lisa (Karen too, by default!)

C. Cake or Pie- Ice Cream Cake - from Carvel - Yummy!

D. Day of Choice- Saturday or Sunday

E. Essential Item- Phone

F. Flavor of Ice Cream- Double fudge brownie

G. Gummy Bears or Worms- Bears most of the time (unless it is the sour worms)

H. Hometown- currently Mount Dora

I. Indulgences- Chocolate

J. January or July- July (b/c of my birthday)

K. Kids- none except for my students at school

L. Last movie I saw in a theater- Indiana Jones (very good!)

M. Middle Name- Jeann (Thanks to my parents for naming me after both my grandmothers)

N. Number of siblings- 2 - sister & brother (one brother-in-law as well!)

O. Orange or Apples- Apples - tart & crisp

P. Phobias or Fears- Spiders (run & hide)

Q. Quote- "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

R. Reasons to smile- laughter (especially a child's), last day of school, realizing that life is really, really good!

S. Season- Spring

T. Tag 4- Freeze tag anyone????

U. Unknown fact about me- I can't sleep with the doors open (closet too)

V. Vegetarian or oppressor of Animals- I love a good juicy burger! (sorry)

W. Worst Habit- talking too much or too loudly

X. X-rays or Ultrasounds- X-rays are pretty cool to look at, never had an ultrasound

Y. Your favorite Food- does chocolate count? If not rice pilaf, beef brisket, asparagus, and crescent rolls (okay, so I made a favorite meal instead of just one food)
Z. Zodiac- ???? ZOO Animal (instead)- definitely the monkeys (they get to hang around all day & have fun)

Jeanne M. said...

Well, here goes since I do not have a blog site -

A. Attached of Single: attached for 59 years next week.
B. Best Friend: Lon
C. Cake or Pie: Pecan Pie
D. Day of Choice: Sunday
E. Essential Item: Bible (am I being too redundant)
F. Flavor of Ice Cream: strawberry
(especially Viennese gelato - erdbeer)
G. Gummy bears or worms: Nothing for me in that line
H. Hometown: Charlotte, NC (I agree that home is where hubby is)
I. Indulgences: Almost anything milk chocolate or with nuts
J. January or July: January (I love winter)
K. Kids: Two adults (daughter and son) plus super son-in-law; five grandchildren, three great-grandchildren
L. Last movie I saw in theater: Expelled_No Intelligence Allowed
M. Middle name: Jeanne
N. Number of siblings: one sister
O. Orange or Apple: Very crisp apple
P. Phobias or Fears: Bridges
Q. Quote: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13
R. Reason to smile: Babies and small children; God's creation all around
S. Season: Spring because it represents a new beginning
T. Tag 4: Not going here since I don't have own blog site
U.Unknown fact about me: I used to be very shy and quiet. (Lon told me to write this)
V. Vegetarian or oppressor of Animals: I do love a filet mignon steak medium rare.
W. Worst Habit: Interrupting people when in conversation
X. X-rays or Ultrasounds: X-rays because ultrasounds at my age mean something else needs to be looked at
Y. Your favorite Food: Cherry cobbler made like my mom's or anything pasta
Z. Zodiac or animal: Zebra (what else at "Z")