National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bonus!

For as long as I can remember, Bob and I have stayed until the very end of the movie credits. I think it began with my wanting to know where the movie was filmed (geography buff even then). Once in a rare while we're rewarded with a bonus for our patience. Tonight as we watched the credits roll, we were chatting about the empty theatre and how we're almost always the only ones in a theatre to do this and how we wish movie producers would wise up, that movie goers would more likely stay for the credits if they were rewarded with an extra bonus scene. A few years ago we stayed for the end of "Daredevil" and saw a surprise scene like this, an extra perk, a bonus hint of things to come. When this happens, we have an extra thrill that we've be given something others have missed.

Tonight it happened again. (Hint: if you go to see "Ironman," be sure to stay through the credits!)

Hmm, seems there might be a spiritual application to this, something along the lines of "he who is faithful to the end will be rewarded with a crown of life" (a very loose paraphrase of Revelation 2:10 "Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.").

When the going gets tough or even when the road just seems long, hang in there. Be faithful unto death. The reward is infinitely better than the fleeting, shallow thrill of being one of the few to see the bonus scene in a movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've been missing you. good lesson ....

Love,
Barbara

Andrea said...

I thought each time went to your blog you hadn't posted anything because I kept seeing the National Geographic widget. That's what I get for being in a hurry. I enjoyed this post, thanks for the spiritual reminder!