National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Florida PLUS!

Plus! Fresh strawberries, picked this morning here in Florida, bought at a road-side stand, in December! (They were kind of bruised up, though. I've been told you can pick your own around here, but I haven't seen a sign inviting me to pick some. Maybe if I pick my own, they won't be so bruised. It's pretty bad to pay $12 for half a flat and have each one be bruised more than a little. But they sure are SWEET!)

Negative - Florida doesn't do good tomatoes. We moved from Jersey just as Jersey tomatoes were getting ripe and I MISSED IT! Boo hoo. I keep buying tomatoes from the stands around and they're just almost ripe and I think they come from TN or someplace, but not from here.

Plus (if you like grapefruit) - FL has good ones and they're just getting ripe. We have a grapefruit tree in our backyard and they will soon be ripe (I think).

Negative, maybe - I'll be checking this out soon. There are Christmas tree farms but the descriptions of the trees don't sound like any Christmas trees I've ever seen. We shall see . . . . soon.

Plus - putting up Christmas lights in shirt-sleeves. Negative - haven't done it yet. Bob was sick on Thursday, his day off, and it was drizzling when we got home this afternoon, Bob from his retreat and Loni and me from shopping.

No comments: