National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fern & Jerry Hill

Today is the 50th anniversary celebration of two very special people, Fern and Jerry Hill, founders of Timothy Hill Children's Ranch.

Jerry and Fern are widely and well-known in our fellowship and beyond, true and loving servants of the Lord and His kingdom. They established the Ranch in memory of their firstborn son who had a dream of opening a children's home/ranch for children and who was killed in an accident while still a child. Not only have the Hills established this ranch and are passing the torch to their sons, they teach and encourage on Long Island, NY and throughout the country.


They have been friends and encouragers of ours since our early years in New Jersey (wow! We have been privileged to know them for 25 years!) If you don't know them or the Ranch, check out the web site http://www.timothyhillranch.org/. Fern's book, Graduation to Glory, about Timothy's short but influential life, could be a manual for raising children. Fern and Jerry are wonderful speakers, together or apart. Fern is one of the most hospitable people I know, and I think Jerry remembers everyone he's ever met. These are incredible people, and I'm grateful for how they've touched my family's lives.
(These pictures are from the Ranch website, borrowed without permission. I was visiting the site today and discovered that today is the celebration. I just had to share this with you. I love these folks!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can add my kudos to your praise of the Hills. They have been faithful & powerful Kingdom servants for many years & influenced so many lives! They definitely deserve to be celebrated.