National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's my birthday and I'll party if I want to!

No, not today. It's tomorrow (thanks to all who have already sent me cards! You are really on the ball!). But I expect to be gone all day, from early morning to late evening, so I won't be blogging. Bob's present to me, which I requested, is a day at Epcot. And I plan to party, Disney-with-my-best-friend style! Friday I'll bake myself my favorite cake and let my DH and DD take me to dinner. II do have to work Friday and Monday, but I gave myself my birthday off. Guest teachers can sometimes do that.) Saturday DD and I are thinking about going to the Highland Games, and Saturday night is Gals Night Out at the Cheesecake Factory (I'm more enthused about the outing with the girls than the cheesecake which -I know, I know, I'm strange - I don't care for.)

Malia, whose birthday preceded mine by a week, has some great quotes on her post about birthdays. http://maliakcarden.blogspot.com/2007/01/thanks-yall.html . Unlike Malia, as far back as I can remember, I liked the timing of my birthday. It was far enough removed from Christmas to be separate, but I could ask for my birthday what I didn't get for Christmas. This year, since the grandsons and their parents came to town, I got Disney Magic Kingdom for Christmas and will get more Disney for my birthday. Whoohoo!

I don't think anyone but family reads my blog, but in case you aren't family and are curious, I was born in 1955. Yup! Almost qualified for a senior discount! It's only a teensy bit hard for me to admit my age. I like what my spiritual sister, Linda Carr, said a few years ago when someone asked her age and someone else shushed the inquisitor, "I don't mind telling how old I am. I had nothing to do with that. Just don't ask what I weigh!"

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Lisa's Mom :) How fun to have an Epcot birthday! I have a January birthday, too. It's exactly one month after Christmas. I always liked having a January birthday, too. Enjoy your day!

Bevin said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day at Epcot. Im very jealous, I love Disney and all that is included with it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!
God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Malia said...

Happy Birthday, Pat!! Hope you're having a grand ole time at Epcot.

Thanks for the shout out! I love the Linda Carr quote more than the ones I found for my blog!

btw...I think you're pretty, too!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Mom. I don't know why I didn't think to leave a comment earlier ... but I'm glad others did. Love you!!

Paula Harrington said...

I love the quote about age and weight! I'll have to remember that.

Hope your birthday was wonderful!

Sisterly,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am not a big cheesecake eater either but I love Cheesecake Factory for fish tacos. :)
I hope you had a beautiful weekend.