National Geographic's Photo of the Day

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random stuff

I didn't vote today. It felt very strange. I voted last week absentee. So I've done my patriotic bit and I don't take it lightly. I'm a history teacher after all. I even rearranged my US history lessons to teach about Civics and the Constitution this past week, and I hate getting my chronology out of whack! (Part of my history side and part of my OCD nature.) After our test tomorrow, I'll get back to Colonial America.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat - or rather the stores have Christmas stuff out and holiday music playing. The day after Halloween! They couldn't even wait until after Thanksgiving! I will try my very best to refrain from playing my own holiday collection until after Thanksgiving (although I am busily loading them on my new iPod, a gift from my DH). But it IS time to begin shopping, and as usual, I have NO idea what my loved ones would like. And with packing to move, even less time to contemplate ideas.

Florida weather is odd. I know many of you in the eastern US are experiencing cold days and colder nights. I'd love to see some authentic foliage! Yesterday was short-sleeve weather. The thermometer this AM said just 2 degrees cooler than yesterday, so I expected the same. Brrr. The dampness of the air here intensifies the chill in the air. Last week I wore a scarf and gloves to direct the morning traffic at school, and that was barely enough! Strangely enough, there are occasions to wear my wool coat. Then the next day or week I'll need short sleeves again.

Bob and I are buying a house, Lord willing. I thought I'd post a picture of our future home. What? You're not impressed?? This is what we could afford, okay?!

Kidding!! This is a Florida Cracker house at a recreated Florida Cracker village at the park where we camped with other church families recently. Once we close on "our" house, I'll post a picture of the real thing.


Why is it I have all these thoughts about things to blog about at various times when away from the computer, but when I actually sit down to do it, those thoughts are gone with the wind? Short attention span, and getting shorter all the time. Lots of junior/senior moments. Ah well.

That's all for today. God bless you . . . and our nation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, I feel the same as you on many of your random thoughts. We too try to put christmas off until after thanksgiving, it has become a tradition for Annika and I to decorate the house with tree and all on thanksgiving afternoon. I too never know what to buy others for the holidays; however, while registering for a baby shower a couple weeks ago I thought it would be great if people could use those registries for christmas and birthdays...why has no one done that yet...or do they?

Anyway, hope you have a great week, see ya at church.

Andrea said...

I love your NEW home. We'll have a place to stay if we come visit.

I've enjoyed your thoughts.
I check in with Lisa's blog occasionsally and I really enjoy comparing life with all boys.

She's a sweet mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I always think of tons of stuff to blog about, but then when I get in front of the computer, I completely forget! So it's not an "older" thing. (o;

Can't wait to see your house!

(this was my word verification: "liessa")

Jeanne M. said...

Although you sent the realtor's ad on your house, I am looking forward to seeing it in person. Just wish it could be over Thanksgiving, but Lord willing, will be there the day after Christmas. Don't have any ideas for you to give, but think I already know what I will give everybody this year so maybe I am way ahead. This will be a first - no Christmas Eve shopping!

Jeanne M. said...

Okay, you have been in your house a week. Where are some pictures??